Because I could write a novel about the last 6 weeks (and have, but luckily for you haven't published it) let's go with bullet points!
- Running isn't happening most days. Don't be fooled by Instagram (good life tip). It's not easy, nor am I maintaining a "weekly mileage" or "training plan". Unless 3 miles a week counts.
|Didn't run for nearly two weeks, then after this pic was taken managed a 3 miler!|
- But I'm not giving up! I walk about an hour every day and attempt little running spurts when I can. I'm also running a 5k this Sunday. Operation 'don't become one with the couch' is in full swing.
- My goal for the third trimester: keep moving and go to prenatal yoga once a week week. Which I have dubbed fart yoga for the number of times preggers are letting it fly in there. I haven't contributed to the fart party yet, but I know my day is coming.
- I asked Lauren Fleshman what's one exercise I should be doing and she said clam shells. When Fleshman speaks, it is done. So daily clam shells it is.
- My weight gain is solid. I have never talked about weight on this blog, it's such an arbituary measurement and I don't weigh myself...ever. But since I'm now weighed on the monthly, it should be noted I'm about 27 pounds since the pee dried on the preg test (nice visual). It should also be noted that my doctor had the gall to bring this up in my last appointment and I'm fully ignoring her. Because a. I started out underweight by some standards and b. I'm a healthy BMI for my height and weight...even if I wasn't pregger. Not concerned.
- My hips have been replaced with Shakira's. As a previous stick figure this is sort of awesome, until I try to pull on a pair of pants (or jumpsuit) from last summer. Can.Not.Budge past mid thigh. These hips don't lie.
- Cellulite. I have it like woah.
- Birth training. This is getting real. Right now I'm interviewing doulas nightly (it feels like) and haven't found one. I guess hiring a complete stranger to be my support during this
pretty bigoverwhelming life event is a little harder than I thought....
|Getting her room ready, midcentury modern + desert theme. Dresser was a Craigslist find! Hope we have the same taste...|
- I'm exhausted. And yes, mamas, I know "it's only the beginning". But dammit I just want to sleep through one night without waking up a. in extreme back pain b. because I'm nervous I'm not in the right position (mostly, I'm constantly TRYING to roll on my belly) b. because my heart burn is burning a hole straight through my throat.... baby kicks are the only thing I love waking up for. Has yet to get old.
- A specific line around my rib cage is numb and in pain... somehow at the same time. And the only bra I am comfortable wearing is a cotton nursing bra that Fleshman bought me. Also I've had to size up two sizes in all bras because of my giant expanding ribs. Not boobs, those are only up a size. Yep, we went there.
- I secretely hope my rib cage stays bigger. All fast runners have giant rib cages.
- Oh and the boobs, I'd like to keep those too.
- I could just list everything that's growing... but let's just say I feel like one of those little toys that you drop into water and it grows (I think there's one called 'Instant Boyfriend' and they should def. make a preggers one). I'm just expanding. Everything is expanding.
|Grow a Mama!|
Well there's a lot more to say, but now I feel like we're kind of caught up! I'm going to be 29 weeks this Sunday. Baby girl and I will be run/walking the North Olympic Discovery 5k. Back during week 16 I had this hard plan to run the half marathon. A month later I downgraded to the 10k and now... the 5k is just right. Lesson #1 of pregnancy, every day is different.