sick? get better faster
What's in my trusty sick-kicker-kit?
1. Dr. Shen's Cold Stop: I picked this up a couple years ago when I felt like I was coming down with something. Who the H knows what it is, but you basically take 5 pills at the first sign of cold or flu. Take another 5 in 4 hours and the last 5 the next morning. You can find it at your hippie grocery store.
2. Gypsy Cold Care: While you're at said hippie grocery store get your mits on some Traditional Medicine tea: Gypsy Cold Care and Breath Easy are my favorites for cold kicking!
3. Echinanea: I dragged my sick-recently-insured arse down to the clinic yesterday to rule out strep. No strep, but the doctor did give me a print out containing all the remedies I already had locked and loaded PLUS one I didn't have. While it might not be riding the high of the 90's trendy Echinacea craze, the doc recommended Echinacea Purpurea (not angustifolia).
4. Cold Ease (or ANY zinc lozenge): Start sucking these down, one every 2-3 hours.
5. Water: water never tastes good when I need to drink it, so I add Nuun. Or drink hot with lemon and honey. I also count popsicles as hydration.
6. Rest: old movies are best watched while sick. I finally watched The 7 Year Itch yesterday. Lemme tell ya 1950s humor is ... different.
7. If you are a true holistic yuppy, you own a juicer. Get it out. Juice some carrot, apple, ginger root, lemon and then add cayenne pepper and honey. Drink. Then hopefully you're sick enough that your partner/roommate will clean out the juicer for you.
8. I haven't tried it yet, but I came across this Apple Cider Vinegar brew that sounds nasty, so it must be healing. I'll be trying it as soon as my cute
Being sick is the pits. Like a rest that is neither wanted NOR enjoyable. Achy, feverish and hacking up what used to be a perfectly good lung isn't my idea of 'restful'. Feeling weaker and weaker, while watching the running week's goals wash down the drain. Whump, Whump...
What are your sick-kicker tricks?? I'll take anything!